NO ENTRY FEE IS REQUIRED
Hackathon is for young girls and women at the high school or college level. There must be a team of 3 formed prior to the event. Once your team is formed, please submit by going to Team Sign-up. Then your team has officially registered.
The 48 hour virtual Hackathon will start at 12:00 am PST on Friday, June 24th, 2016 and finish at 11:59pm PST on Saturday, June 25th 2016.
Challenges / Project
We will be using devpost.com to manage the event. Devpost has a submission process that allows users to add text, video, images, links, and even upload files to create their submission. Here's a demo of how that works.
There must be 3 members to each team. Teams must consist of three members of the same academic level. All team members are required to register an account with Devpost. Once a team is formed please register it on our Team Sign Up tab. Teams should be diverse in skill i.e. Marketing, Advertising, User Experience, Product Development, etc.
Code, Design, Marketing, Business, etc
To ensure a level field for all contestants, all code, design and assets must be created during the duration of the Hackathon. We want to ensure that all participants start off on the same footing and we also want to preserve the true nature of a hackathon. You are, however, free to make plans, create wireframes, and brainstorm prior to the event. We take this rule very seriously for the sake of all members attending the event. Failure to comply may result in the offending team's disqualification.
- All Submission materials must be in English.
- Each Submission must be newly created and exclusively developed during the Challenge.
- Each Submission must be the original work product of the Contestant.
- Each submissions must address the hackathon's theme of building local or global communities
- Submissions must not violate any law or regulation; depict hatred; be in bad taste; denigrate (or be derogatory towards) any person or group of persons or any race, ethnic group or culture; threaten a specific community in society, including any specific race, ethnic group or culture; incite violence or be likely to incite violence; contain vulgar or obscene language or excessive violence; contain pornography, obscenity or sexual activity; or disparage the Sponsor or anyone involved in organizing or supporting the Challenge.
- Contestants must not attempt to intentionally duplicate the Submission of another Contestant. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any Submission that is an exact or substantially similar duplicate of another Submission.
- Submissions must not contain any software routine, code, or instruction, hardware component or combination of the foregoing which (i) permits unauthorized access to Sponsor’s IT network or Sponsor’s confidential information, or (ii) can disable, delete, modify, damage or erase software, hardware or data.
- A team may not submit more than one Submission. If a team enters two or more Submissions, the Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify Submissions or require the team to choose one Submission to enter into the Challenge.
- Contestants must not state or otherwise imply endorsement of their Submission, in part or whole, by the Sponsor.
- Submissions must not violate the intellectual property rights or other rights, including but not limited to, copyright, trademark, patent, contract, and/or privacy rights, of any other person or entity.